Prenatal care — the care before your baby comes- is the heart of midwifery care. With hour-long prenatal visits, you can enjoy the space and the time to get to know your midwife, get all of your questions answered, and address any concerns as they arise.
My prenatal visits were always the highlight of my pregnancy. I loved connecting with Aly and Rebecca and being able to talk about what I was feeling with women who are so wise and passionate about what they do.
Prenatal visits cover:
- Normal pregnancy growth and development
- Nutrition and preparing your body for birth
- Discomforts of pregnancy
- Logistical preparation for your birth and parenting
- Basic breastfeeding
- Family/sibling adjustment
- Resources and referrals for you in the area in which you live
- Routine clinical assessments such as vital signs, listening to your baby’s heartbeat, measuring your uterus and feeling for baby’s position and growth
Informed choice and shared decision-making are the foundation of mypractice. I don’t tell you what to do. Instead, I offer you options for testing (such as ultrasound through a third party and Group B Strep screening) while providing evidence-based information to help you decide what is right for you and your family.